Restore. Rebuild. Reintegrate.
Our comprehensive rehabilitation services are designed to help you put the pieces of your life back together after an accident, injury or illness. We will work with you and your family to create a plan that's tailored specifically to your goals. it is our mission is to help you restore physical, social, cognitive or behavioral function, rebuild your strength and independence, and reintegrate back into an active and meaningful lifestyle.
The length of inpatient stay is highly individualized. Typically, patients stay between eight to 20 days, depending on impairment, rehabilitation goals and medical complications.
Our intense therapy program with a team of rehabilitation experts includes:
- Comprehensive assessment to establish a baseline of physical, social, cognitive and behavioral function
- Individualized plan and treatment
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing
- Nutritional counseling
- A minimum of three hours of intensive therapy five days a week, with additional therapy on weekends
- Social services
- Psychological support during the adjustment to disability
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Evaluations for medical equipment, wheelchairs and seating
- Patient and family education on self-care techniques to reach optimal functionality
- Rehab case management to proactively coordinate service delivery after discharge
Patients and families are a vital part of the rehabilitation team and must participate equally in developing an individualized treatment plan.
The Comprehensive Inpatient and Brain Injury Inpatient Program is dedicated to providing services to people with impairments and disabilities and to help them regain the greatest amount of independence and highest quality of life. The environment is designed to facilitate cognitive, physical, psychosocial and behavioral improvement.
All patients are under the 24-hour care of our staff and physiatrist with expertise in physical medicine and rehabilitation. The physiatrist and case manager coordinate a highly skilled team of professionals.
An individualized treatment plan is built on an understanding of the patient's impairment and potential to benefit. Over-stimulation precautions and behavioral plans are developed for those with neurologic and brain injury/impairment. The treatment plan is reviewed and adapted weekly in team conference within the context of the patient's goals, resources and environment. The community setting to which the patient will be discharged is also considered.
Rehabilitation involves not only the patient, but the patient's family and support system. For this reason, we welcome families and urge them to observe and participate in therapy sessions and attend educational programs on the unit.
Psychologists and case managers are present to provide families with counseling, assistance with insurance issues and help in applying for benefits. Community reintegration day passes are provided to allow the patient to go home for short periods as trial runs for an anticipated discharge home.
Therapists work with patients and their families to identify areas of interest and lead outings that are helpful and enjoyable for them. Patients are taught to use strategies and available resources to maximize their ability to function in the community after discharge. This helps them return to an active and meaningful lifestyle at home, work and/or school.
Recreation therapists lead various activities to develop new leisure interests and provide opportunity for social interaction, including:
- Wii game rehabilitation puts a fun, new spin on traditional therapy exercises
- Therapeutic yoga improves physiological, neurological and emotional health of our patients
- Electronic information classes show our patients sites and tools to use advocate for their health care via the internet