With our advanced vascular laboratory, Staten Island University Hospital can offer noninvasive testing for a wide variety of venous and arterial disorders quickly and easily.
This ultra-modern facility employs state-of-the-art technology to conduct the latest in aortic, peripheral, cerebrovascular, venous, mesenteric and renal examinations. Staffed by experienced and dedicated physicians and registered vascular technologists, it is one of only two such labs in New York City accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
All tests are performed within 20 minutes and no needles, X-rays or dyes are used. In just one visit you can undergo testing and, if necessary, speak with a physician about the results. Your referring doctor is contacted within 24 hours for any urgent test results, and final test results are mailed to your physician within 48 hours.
We are equipped to perform a full range of noninvasive exams to help diagnose and treat conditions like:
Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Duplex ultrasound scan of the upper and lower extremity arteries
- Ankle-brachial index (ABI) with pulse volume recordings (PVR)
- Bypass graft surveillance
Carotid artery and cerebrovascular disease
- Carotid artery duplex scan
- Follow-up scans for carotid endarterectomy and stenting
- Venous reflux scan to evaluate varicose veins
- Venous duplex scan of the arms or legs for deep venous thrombosis (DVT)
- Congenital venous anomalies testing
Renal and mesenteric artery disease
- Renal artery duplex scan
- Duplex scan of the renal vein
- Mesenteric arterial and venous duplex scan
- Evaluation for chronic mesenteric ischemia
- Aortic duplex scan to screen for abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
- Follow-up scans after endograft or open repair
- Temporal artery duplex scan to evaluate for temporal arteritis
- Dialysis access evaluation
- Vein mapping for peripheral or coronary bypass
- Thoracic outlet obstruction exam
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call (718) 226-6800.